Students at Launchpad will have the opportunity to take part in an Outdoor Education Enrichment Programme on a Wednesday by invite only.
This program is designed for learners with an interest in the outdoors. We believe that exposing people to new and challenging experiences is an effective way of helping them grow and helping us see what strengths and development areas they have. We therefore use outdoor and adventurous activities as a routine part of our curriculum offer.
What is Launchpad aiming to achieve through its Outdoor Education program?
To provide meaningful and purposeful opportunities away from the main curriculum focus and to offer a variety of vocational and non-vocational awards.
The program is designed to enhance and develop new skills to encourage a wider viewpoint on life and the ability to pursue other positive opportunities available to students.
• Canoe and kayaking,
• Camp craft (cooking outdoors, pitching tents, building shelters)
• Map Reading and Compass work
• Conservation opportunities
• High ropes, zip wires
• Quad Biking
• Cultural visits to museums and centres
• Day walks and overnight camping
- Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
- NICAS (National Indoor Climbing Achievement Scheme)
- NNAS (National Navigation Award Scheme)
- AQA Unit Award Accreditation
- Emergency First Aid Certificate