Sport/ Physical Education Offer
Students at Launchpad will have the opportunity to attend a local gym for their option subject.
This qualification is designed for learners with an interest in any of the health and fitness contexts such as exercise, lifestyles and diet. It also enables learners to understand how and why a healthy lifestyle should be followed.
It also enables learners to:
• Learn how to work individual muscle groups
• Learn how to use a wide range of fitness equipment safely and efficiently
• Learn the importance of diet and nutrition for fuelling the body for better results
• Learn a wide range of cardiovascular exercises and equipment
• Learn different aspects of Boxercise training
• Achieve many AQA Accreditations
What is Launchpad aiming to achieve through it's Sport programme?
• To build positive relationships with students in the gymnasium environment
• To embed routine to students while using a wide range of gym apparatus
• To be able to follow and understand an exercise planned session
• To engage students in different aspects of physical exercise (aerobic/anaerobic)
• To gain up to 9 AQA accreditations in the Gym Programme
• To respect all apparatus and use in a correct and safe manor.
All students can participate in the Gym and Boxercise programme delivered through Launchpad. Students have the opportunity to gain up to 9 AQA accreditations in the Gym. This will demonstrate that each student has gained knowledge of the gym environment and can use equipment correctly and safely. The Gym benefits our students to by improving their physical fitness, teaching them teamwork, anger management and discipline, and improving their confidence and concentration.
Learners could progress onto other qualifications such as:
• NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Health and Fitness
• NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Food and Cookery
• PE GCSE
• BTEC National Sport
• BTEC National Public Services
Career opportunities could include: PE Teacher, Sports Coach, Sports Development Officer, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Sports Journalist, Outdoor Adventure Leader, Sports Marketing/Event Management, Armed Forces.