Welcome to Launchpad KS4
Launchpad KS4 is part of the St.Helens Alternative Provision Service and is situated on College Street with easy access to the town centre . We offer educational provision for students in Year 10 and 11, who have been permanently excluded or at risk of permanent exclusion from mainstream school. We work with students who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and accept referrals from all St.Helens secondary schools.
A panel led by the Head of Service determines which alternative provision is most suitable for students referred. Students are referred for a place at KS4 if they have the potential to gain GCSE qualifications.
Students are offered 2 or 3 day provision initially and students can be invited to attend 5 days when they move into Year 11 to give them increased time on their GCSE subjects and to be involved in our enrichment programme.
Students also have the opportunity of undertaking more vocational based work with a range of providers offering hair and beauty, construction, mechanics, sport and work placements for the other half of their week. We monitor and review their provision to ensure that it is appropriate and suited to individual need.
What we do well at KS4?
- We offer a broad and varied curriculum with an opportunity for students to gain a minimum of 4 GCSE’s and our timetable is flexible to accommodate student need.
- We have excellent teachers, teaching assistants and all round great staff team
- We offer a caring and nurturing environment l
- We have an effective EPraise system monitoring behaviour and helps to keep parents informed of their child’s engagement and progress
- We work with a range of agencies to support the personal and social development of all students and to prepare them for Post 16 education.
- We pride ourselves on the excellent relationships that we build with mainstream schools, parents and carers.
To find out more about our provision explore the links on the left hand side: