TAZ (Teen Advice Zone)
TAZ offer sexual health advice and support that is confidential. They work with Launchpad throughout the year and offer a range of group work, one to one and drop-in sessions.
- Contraception (contraceptive pill, implant, injection, patch, coil and condoms) and advice about which type is best for you
- Emergency Contraception (the Morning After Pill) to prevent unwanted pregnancy (available for up to 5 days after unprotected sex). If TAZ is closed you can get Free Emergency Contraception from these Chemists
- Pregnancy testing and guidance on your options and next steps if you think you may be pregnant
- Testing for some sexually transmitted infections, including Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, HIV and Syphilis (more info about infections here)
- Information, advice and guidance about ANYTHING to do with sexual health, including questions about relationships, puberty, periods, body changes and growing up. There is no such thing as a silly question!
TAZ are based in Lord Street, St Helens and they offer our students a free confidential support.
Sources and Further Reading: TAZ website
If you need any advice about TAZ please see Tracey, Caren, James, or your keyworker.